Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scenario 1 - Miles' library

The importance placed on collaboration and the various forms of technology needed came through loud and clear in Doug Johnson's Scenario 1. I must admit I found some of it "way out there" - trying to project 14 years into the future was difficult for me.
Today’s children are way more tech savvy than many teachers (myself included) and I believe this will continue into the future. I think the thing we need to be mindful of is that our programs are able to offer our students the learning opportunities and access to technology that they will need to prepare themselves for their future. I can see how our students will need to be skilled up to use various technologies, but I’m not sure I agree with the notion that they will not be required to write essays.
I agree that students being able to direct their own learning is very exciting. In my school we are trying to personalise learning so that the children can have a say in what and how they learn.
This clip by Corning about future technologies is worth watching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38

No comments:

Post a Comment