Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheng, Y.C. (2002) - Leadership & strategy

Cheng offers us a variety of concepts to help us understand the nature of educational leadership. Of the five domains dimensions described, I believe that my strengths are in human leadership and educational leadership and strategies. I maintain a happy working environment for my team and feel that it's important for us to support and encourage each other - a bit of teasing doesn't go astray either. My colleagues turn to me for ideas during planning meetings and they know that I have a deep affection for the kids we teach. If I didn't love kids, I wouldn't be able to do this job. It's not just a job to me - it drives me and keeps me young!
This is one article that I think I will come back to again and again - Cheng gives us a lot of food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment