Saturday, August 14, 2010

Referencing

I have learnt a very valuable lesson this week. I found that organising my references in the APA style is a mammoth task. It's taken me nearly as long to get the referencing right as it did to write the assignment! Not really, but I can't believe how long it took me to get every date, bracket, full stop, italic, page no., etc. in the right place.
Gee, I will never, ever leave it to the end again. From now on, I will make sure I do my referencing correctly as I use each quote in my writing.

I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~Eartha Kitt

2 comments:

  1. I said the same thing on my blog!! It took such a LOOOONNNGGG time to do the reference list, and it was different to how I had to do it in uni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I am really hoping mine is correct! I used the Bibliography feature of Word and set it to APA... I probably should have checked though before I submitted, but my brain was so over the whole thing that I don't think I would have cared by then :)

    ReplyDelete