Sunday, August 15, 2010

Assignment 1 finished!

Yes, my first assignment is finished, so I thought it would be a good idea for me to reflect on what I have learnt during the process of researching and writing it.
From this experience I have learnt that although I knew that teaching information literacy skills to children was important, I really didn't know how to go about creating an Information Literacy School Community. From the readings I have learnt the value of collaboration and that this is something I need to encourage in my school if we are to enrich the learning opportunities we offer to our pupils. I realise that there may be some reluctance from a couple of teachers, but I feel that in the main, most teachers will be happy to have my input into designing, teaching and assessing our curriculum.
I look forward to a challenging year ahead and hope the rewards we reap as a teaching community will make it all worthwhile.

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. -- George S. Patton

1 comment: