Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What sort of TL do I want to be?

Thought this would be a good time to think about my role as a TL and to review it at the end of this subject. Here we go ...

In order to become an exemplary TL, I need to:
- collaborate with teachers to provide meaningful lessons for children that help to build their skills to become productive, life-long learners.
- ensure that children have the means and opportunities to develop their information literacy skills.
- be a leader in curriculum development and in using information technology.
- do more teaching and less clerical work.
- provide my school community with a wider range of learning resources.
- be adaptable and ready to trial new developments in learning.

I believe that my school library "should be seen as a centre of learning first and a centre of resources second (Herring, 2007) and goals like this can't be achieved overnight. I realise I'll have a busy year ahead of me and will need the support of my colleagues, especially my principal. His approval for, and belief in, the changes I want to make to our library program will be necessary if I want keep all the staff "on side". And there need to be more hours in the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment