Tuesday, May 1, 2012

EARCOS 2012, Bangkok, Thailand

When asked if I would like to apply to attend the EARCOS 2012 conference in Bangkok at the end of March, I jumped at the opportunity to not only visit another vibrant Asian city, but to attend some really relevant PD for teacher librarians. Nine teachers from my school attended and it was wonderful to spend both professional and leisure time with teachers that I wouldn't regularly see in our huge school.
Fabulous keynote speeches were presented by Cathy Davidson, Steven Layne and Jason Ohler. Relevant and practical workshops were given by Doug Johnson, Jeff Utecht and Peggy Sharp. I came away from Jeff's sessions with loads of ideas about how to use Google docs more effectively and how to use a Facebook page to market my library.
I really loved these wise words from keynote speaker Dr. Steven Layne “Nothing works for every child, but something works for every child.” This really hit home about the importance of moulding the curriculum to fit the needs of our learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment